Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 14, 2011

I am the doc

Today is one of the hardest days in my life. Among my belongings, my pc is one of the most I treasure. I custom built it almost 4 years ago using money I earned by working. I love her very much. I spent most of my time with her. Then today she was attacked by a trojan malicious. I got it from a printing shop in my pendrive. The trojan was so tough to kill and the operation was erasing files from inside. This is so dangerous because it is hard to know the total collateral damage. I noticed the changes of my pc since last night. I wanted to open my dictionary at the desktop but I could not find it. Then I realised something was wrong. The climax was when I was playing DotA online. I could not open my warkey because the files missing. I played without warkey. While playing, I ALT+TAB to arrange songs on the winamp. After I had done arranging them, I could not find my DotA icon anymore. OMG. The trojan was so aggressive because it even attacked the running files and programmes.
I said to myself "Okay, I had enough. Now it is time to hunt down the criminal". I tried to scan using my anti virus but funny thing happened. The trojan ate my anti virus files. I could not run it. LOL. MY friends suggested to re format my pc. Oh man. A BIG NO!!! I never ever want to format my pc. It has so many pictures which have their own sentimental values, songs which rarely listened by normal people and files which have their own purpose. So I downloaded a new anti virus and a specific software to remove it. It took almost 4 hours just to clean the virus from the system.
Now I am analyzing the damage. I want to see how far it destroyed my pc. The obvious damage I can see now is my DotA files gone. I hate the virus very much. The name of the trojan is W32/Sality.AT
Well at least I still have my protected things in my pc. I am glad about that. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment