Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 27, 2011

My birdies

So before I go to sleep,I wanna write something for you.The first thing is today I almost lost one of my precious again or in normal human language is one of my birds. As you know, I raised a pair of lovebirds since they were young so now both of them can fly. They are super tame and their cuteness level is 10 out of 10. If you don't think my lovebirds are cute and adorable, I am very happy to announce that you are an improper human being. So as I woke up around 3 O clock, I did what I usually do. I bathed and switched on my desktop. While waiting it fully on, I took out both of my birds from the cage. You know, it is a routine for me releasing them in the house so they will wander around my desktop. They will bite every single thing. Today went on just like another typical day. They both happily bit my mouse and the modem router while I was concentrating on a new song given by my friend. Then suddenly I heard one of my lovebirds sang and chirped loudly. I knew the song was meant to call its partner. Impulsively I looked at the birds but I only found the female. I looked down and around finding the male but I couldn't find it. My heart skipped a beat. (I would live longer a beat because the lower the frequency of heart beating, the longer one shall live). So I said...Here we go againnnnn...(I lost him once before).

I stopped listening to the new song and began to find the bird. The female kept singing and chirping calling for her partner. My mind started to think all those feelings where I felt when the first time I lost him. I could not think properly because emotions started to overwhelm. My lovebirds are one of my most valuable possessions and I always treasure them like my own siblings. I went to calm my self down and started to plan my moves. From far I could hear the male chirping and calling for his partner and the female chirped back. I took the female outside. I let her to chirp and call. I was hoping that the male would come if he listen. Then both of them started to call each other. Still no sign of the male. I could not trace the exact location of the male.(You know how poor my eye sight is). I tried for almost 1 hour but still no good sign that the male would come. So I went inside my house and took a rest. While resting I heard the male was nearer. Once again I went outside and guess what? I could merely saw it inside a bush. I saw it in a glance but I was very confident that it was him. The problem was the bush situated in a swamp.

I calculated all the options and alternatives. The rain was coming down. I had no choice. I needed to get into the swamp. Oh before I forget the only way I could access the swamp was by going from my neighbour house. It was situated behind his house. I ran to my neighbour's house and saw his father at the back of the house. I asked for his permission to trespass his farm so that I could get into the swamp. Permission granted. Slowly I approached the swamp and every step I took, I would sink deeper and deeper into the mud. I spotted my bird from quite far. I called him. He just chirped back. I tried to make him fly to me but he did not want to fly. I approached as the nearest as I could and I noticed he was all wet. He could not fly. He did try to fly to me. I could see his head was shaking and he adjusted his body position to fly to me but when he flipped his wings, he felt down. I jumped to him and caught him before he was completely felt into the swamp. By the time I grabbed him, I realised that I was sunk up to my knees.LOL. I could barely walk. I lost my slippers when I took my first step going back.

After I succeed retrieved the bird, I headed back. I saw my neighbour's father was still there. He asked me about the bird. He started to argue that the bird was not a lovebird but it was another species of a local bird. I had no time to waste arguing something which clearly I was right. I walked back with my bare feet. On the way back I had a free reflexology session because the road headed to my house was deconstructed. So the road was completely gravels. After reaching home, I gave him a good shower. I wiped him till he dried and put him back with his partner.They kissed each other when the first time they met after the incident. The female helped the male to groom. I took them both and kissed them..Oyeahh...I love them very much!!!

4 comments:

  1. Dude, with all due respects I do not know you and I do not take jokes from strangers.Better luck next time~

    ReplyDelete