Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Food...food

Good morning my grandchildren.It is rare for you to find me writing to you in the morning.It is too early to buy lunch right now so I'm killing my time now.But no worries. I'm not going to write something brainless just to kill my time.As I woke up today,my brain suddenly switched to deep thought about the correlation between how people express themselves in the past and in the present.You know,I do feel tired seeing people sharing food on the social network.What's the point of sharing every meal you have?Then I see the pattern.People tend to share more about food which they consider luxurious and expensive.Are they trying to establish that  they are rich and well fed so they want to let the world know what they are eating.I am not talking this without any proper observations.I watched two documentaries about two poor societies and how they behaved for hundreds of years have similarities with what some people are doing right now.So the first one is a society in Africa ( I am sorry I cant remember the tribe name and the specific nation) has a belief fat woman is beautiful.Life is hard at there and when a man wants to get married,he will find a wife who is fat because it symbolises she comes from a wealthy family and well fed.So every mother feeds their daughters to be as fat as possible hoping they will end up marrying men who are also come from rich family.They force feeding the children as early as 5 years old just to get as fat as possible so that people would think they come from a wealthy family.In short,they want to express themselves as a rich family through what they are eating.They have a good life,eat well till they are fat.Identical with the present day where people do the same but in the modern way.
Okay finish with that society and now I want to talk about another one.Deep in the jungle in Indonesia,there is a tribe who is still practising pagan ritual and lifestyle.As you know,life is hard there so there is one interesting custom which has a similarity with what modern people are doing.The tribe hangs the skulls of cow and buffalo in front of the door of their house.They do that to show to other people that they are rich and can afford to have meet on their plates.So what is the similarity with modern people?You think about it.I am out to have my lunch.Too hungry right now...Arrr...See you again...bye2 

No comments:

Post a Comment